Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Diet Confusion

My husband and I are going to go grocery shopping tonight or tomorrow, and I am trying to get a good list of food I can have during this process. As well as looking at me own list provided by the nutritionist, I am reading blogs, and the more I read, the more confused I get.

Problem #1: The pre-op liquid diet. I know protein is important, but I don't think I worry about that before the surgery...right? Just water (flavored), decaf tea/coffee, broths and juice if I feel week. And then directly after, it the same thing. When does the protein come in to the picture?

Problem #2: My guide says I can only have the above mentioned and jello and sugar free popsicles for the first week...what do I do about the protein? Do I worry about that when I go to mushies? Should I buy the powder? When do I start the protein drinks?

Hello? Is this thing on?

Problem #3: I have too much food in my house, and starting Friday, I can't eat hardly any of it. I need to have a dinner party tomorrow night to get rid of the junk!

On another note:
My husband and I are going to the gym today. I am dreading it already.

2 comments:

  1. It can get very confusing! Having a dinner party is a good idea to get rid of your food, but poor Willie! he won't have anything to eat! thinking of you all the time! Please be sure to let me know if you need anything after your surgery!

    ReplyDelete