Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A little better

Last week, was an awful week.

I was not handling my band and new life very well. I was hurting so much and couldn't eat, couldn't drink, couldn't sleep, couldn't do anything at all. I was waking up in horrible pain, and I could feel so much pressure in my chest and stomach. I was truly regretting my decision.

Friday morning I called the surgeon's office. Lori told me that complaints I was having she had not heard of, so she had Dr. Dewitt call me between surgeries. He did. He wanted to see me. I went to his office and waited about an hour for him to finish surgery. He put me under the fluoroscope. He said my band looked fine, right position, but he was concerned there may be fluid or air trapped in the band. 

There was air. He numbed my stomach, and took the air out. 

I could breath again!!!

He told me to take the weekend off and rest. Well, that didn't happen because I had to work Friday night at my parents restaurant, but I tried. I feel a lot better.

Now its horrible gas pains, and before I couldn't feel my port, now I do and its freaking me out.

But I am much better than last week. 

I am eating mashed potatoes, oatmeal, potato salad, chicken salad, pudding, popsicles. 

I get full without all the pain.

I have not been sick once. After reading some other bloggers about most food making them sick, I was really concerned, but since the surgery I have not once had a problem with it. 

Dr. Dewitt wants to see me again Wednesday. I know I won't get a fill yet, but will I be able to handle a fill if the air bothered me?

When can I have salad? I want one so bad. 

Even though I am not BFF's with my band yet, I am okay with it right now. I cried so much last week. 

BTW: I am down 20.4lbs in two weeks since pre-op diet. pretty good I guess. 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are feeling better. I'm sure it will get easier and easier as time passes!

    ReplyDelete