Monday, June 24, 2013

First NSV

Last night, my husband and I went to the gym. I watched Nik Wallenda walk over the Grand Canyon as I was on the elliptical, and cried when he made it. Afterwards, I was getting on different machines, really trying to push myself. I looked over at this leg lift machine, that really frightens me.

I first tried it May 1st, the day we joined the gym and met with a personal trainer. He wanted me and Willie to get on this thing and lift our legs as many times as we could. Willie got on it, and did it 12 times. I got up there...it was a disaster. I could barely dangle without a problem. Actually, just dangling was too tough for me. I cried as I stepped down, embarrassed. At that time, (before surgery) I was almost 300lbs. Now, down 26lbs I decided I would try it again. And I did...I was able to dangle, and lift my legs to my chest 3 times! I went over to my husband and told him. He was so proud. I told him I wanted to show him. He got on there first, and did it 15 times, and I did 4 times!!! 

It may not sound like the biggest NSV, but I was so embarrassed the first time, I really want to conquer it, and this is the first step in the right direction. I really want to call that personal trainer and show him, because even though I couldn't afford the $200 a month his fee required, he calls us and checks in on us every once and a while, and even offers to meet for free. I think he would be proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment