Monday, April 29, 2013

Women are excited, men are mad

More people know about my surgery than I ever intended.

I only wanted a few people to know because I was afraid of the reaction. So far, the women who know are encouraging. The men are mad and hate that I am doing it. They don't understand. Only my husband and step-dad are encouraging. It's not that they want me to have it, but they understand I want and need it.

Friday I start the pre-op diet of high protein, and low card foods. My husband has really jumped on the band wagon and decided he wants to go through this journey, sans band, with me. Today we are going to tour a local gym and hopefully join it. It is a 24 hours gym, which fits us because we are always so busy! I've got some grocery shopping to do this week, buy a new scale and the vitamins.

This weekend I had a wedding and a funeral to go to. Weird right? I had decided I would wear my favorite pair of black pants. They fit me when I had loss the 70lbs before, but I have been able to get in them as recently as February. Wedding was at 4:00pm Saturday afternoon, an hour away. At 12:30, I put them on...and nope. Wasn't happening. I had to run to Kohl's and buy a bigger size. I was so upset for 2 reasons: 1. I really wanted to wear the other pair, and I was very disappointed. 2. I did not want to spend the money on pants I would hopefully never wear again (except for the funeral the next day). But, I did buy a cute shirt that was a little snug, but actually supposed to be a bigger shirt.

Tonight: my last pizza and chicken alfredo.

No comments:

Post a Comment