Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Surgery Preparation

Two weeks from today, I will be pre-registering for my Lap Band surgery. In preparation, I will have to go on a high protein, low card diet starting May 3rd, and then May 8th I start a clear liquid only diet for the surgery on May 10th. I will not eat normally (and by normal I mean solid foods) for about 4-6 weeks. That is a crazy thought to me. This weekend I will go to the store, load up on prep food. The nutritionist also told us to try out different types of protein drinks to see which we will like. I've been scanning blogs to see what other banders did that week of surgery. It's going to be hard.

My second preparation is cleaning my house. I have too much junk. This week I am on break from school, so I am cleaning and clearing. I have already tossed two big boxes of clothes. I am getting rid of clothes that are already too big for me. I guess my way of saying "I will never be this big again!" A couple of years ago, I lost about 70lbs and bought jeans sized from 22 to 16 at the thrift store. I still have them packed away. I am keeping those as "goal pants". I am cleaning the entire house, because I know my family. The weekend after the surgery, they will crowd my house and I have a loving grandmother who will criticize my cleaning and organization. Also, bless my husband, and he will clean, but not the way I like, so I am going to give him the least there is to do. We are also trying to buy a house, so I am getting rid of as much junk as possible.

I start classes again on Monday. I am already behind on briefing classes. I plan to tell them about having surgery (not the type) and that way in case of any mishaps I will be clear to miss class the following couple of days the next week. My surgery is on Friday, so I hope to be okay enough to continue my normal routine on the following Monday.

I just keep telling my body, just a couple of more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment