Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year, and Hopefully a Journey to a New Me

This isn't a blog I ever expect anyone else to read, but nonetheless I am writing it. I am currently a full time receptionist at a veterinary clinic, a part time waitress at my parents restaurant, a full time law student, and a full time wife to my new husband. Busy.So, why am I so overweight?I always have been. I may not have time to sleep or shop or see friends...but I make time to eat.My husband is wonderful. He started dating me when I was about 50lbs lighter, together we gained.I currently weigh 280lbs. Two years ago I was 300lbs, and lost 70lbs on the b-12 injections. Those are expensive. I gained it all back.I put off my wedding for 2 years to lose weight. Finally at the beginning of 2012, I decided this was ridiculous and started planning a wedding. My weight got down to 250lb in July, but steadily we back up as wedding stress and the law school stress set in. On December 15, 2012, I got married to the greatest man, Willie.I decided there was not more putting off what I had been thinking about for the past 5 years...I wanted the lap band surgery.On Dec. 6, I went to my "girly doctor" and she recommended a doctor her sister in law is using for the surgery. Per insurance stipulations I must attend a seminar on January 3rd with Dr. DeWitt. I am excited and nervous, and hope and pray I can have this surgery ASAP. I am tired of this body.

No comments:

Post a Comment